BALANCING YOUR CHAKRAS
We have all been through a harsh year so far. Dealing with the unknown and having fear and anxiety pushed at us from all directions. With this low-grade energy all around us, it is not surprising to see how our chakras are out of alignment.
I thought a little exercise to help you get back to the optimal balancing and to help you ease through the rest of the year would be a good exercise.
See below a list of the chakras and what they mean.
Root Chakra. The base of the spine. Red. “I am”.
- Location: Base of spine, in the tailbone area.
- What it controls: Material world lessons.
- Emotional issues: Survival, self-esteem, social order, security, family.
- Mantra: “I grow from a steady foundation.”
- Colour: Red.
- Element: Earth. Walking barefoot in the sand, grass, or dirt can be beneficial. Any time spent in nature is helpful for this chakra.
- Stone: Hematite.
- When it develops: 2 years old.
Sacral Chakra. Just below the navel. Orange. “I feel”.
- Location: Lower abdomen, about 2 inches below the navel.
- What it controls: Emotional Connection.
- Emotional issues: Blame, guilt, money, sex, power, control, creativity, morality.
- Mantra: “I always honor others but not before myself.”
- Colour: Orange.
- Element: Water. This means swimming or spending time at bodies of water (lakes and oceans) is beneficial.
- Stone: Tiger’s Eye.
- When it develops: 2-3 years old.
Solar Plexus Chakra. Stomach area. Yellow. “I do”.
- Location: Upper abdomen in the stomach area.
- What it controls: Acceptance of your place (self-love)
- Emotional issues: Self-worth, self-confidence, and self-esteem
- Mantra: “Self-love starts when I accept all parts of myself.”
- Colour: Yellow.
- Element: Fire. Enjoy sitting around a fire or soak up bright sunlight.
- Stone: Amber.
- When it develops: 4-5 years old.
Heart Chakra. Centre of the chest. Green. “I love”.
- Location: Centre of the chest, just above the heart.
- What it controls: Emotional empowerment.
- Emotional issues: Love, joy, and inner peace.
- Mantra: “When I love myself, loving others comes easily.”
- Colour: Green.
- Element – Air. Breathing deeply will help to clear the energy at this level. Drive with the windows open, fly a kite, walk in the wind, or take a boat ride.
- Stone: Rose Quartz
- When it develops: 6-12 years old
Throat chakra. The base of the throat. Blue. “I speak”.
- Location: Throat
- What it controls: Taking responsibility for one’s own needs
- Emotional issues: Communication, self-expression, and truth
- Mantra: “I speak my truth, always.”
- Colour: Light Blue/Turquoise
- Element: Sound/Music. Sitting in an open space under a clear sky listening to the sounds of nature or listen to music will get this energy flowing
- Stone: Aquamarine
- When it develops: 13-19 years old
Third Eye chakra. Forehead, above, between the eyes. Indigo. “I see”.
- Location: Forehead between the eyes (also called the Brow Chakra).
- What it controls: Intuition, imagination, and wisdom.
- Emotional issues: fear of truth, discipline, judgment, evaluation, emotional intelligence.
- Mantra: “I am open to exploring what cannot be seen.”
- Colour: Dark Blue/Purple.
- Element: Light. To balance and open this chakra, sit in stillness in the sunlight or relax in a window as the sun pours in.
- Stone: Amethyst.
Crown chakra. Top of the head. Violet. “I understand”
- Location: The very top of the head.
- What it controls: Discovery of the divine.
- Emotional issues: Lack of purpose, loss of meaning or identity, trust, selflessness.
- Lesson: “I am a vessel for love and light.”
- Colour: Violet/White
- Element: Divine Consciousness. Connecting with your wholeness rather than a single element is the recommended practice. Spend time in meditation, chanting, or prayer.
- Stone: Clear quartz.
Please note: To access your third eye and crown charka, the first five chakras need to be in alignment.
How to Balance Your Chakras
For chakra balancing, which is easy, efficient, and powerful; follow these steps, devoting at least 30 seconds to each one to facilitate chakras healing.
Go to a calm, quiet place. Sit for a few minutes in silence, breathing deeply. Let yourself feel the tension flowing out of your body and start to notice the range of sensations you feel. A good chakra meditation involves all 7 chakras.
Begin at the tailbone, picturing a red light glowing and spinning at its center. Feel it move in time with your breath. Say the sound: “Lam”
Shift focus to the place just underneath your navel, this time imagining a warm, orange light spinning and pulsing in time with the rhythm of your breath. Say the Sound: “Vam”
Move to an inch or so above your navel. This is the place where you’ll often feel love, anxiety, or excitement. Tune into an orange light spinning there. Say the Sound: “Ram”
Attend to the very center of your chest, imagining a vivid green light. If you feel an urge to place a palm flat on this area as you breathe, do so. Say the Sound: “Yum”
Focus on the hollow of your throat, this time visualizing a blue light rotating and moving with the breath. Say the Sound: “Ham”
Think about the space between your brows. This represents your third eye. See an indigo light here, getting more vivid as it spins. Say the Sound: “Sham”
Finally, picture a purple light beaming out from the top of your head, connecting you to the energy of the universe around you. Sound: “Om”
If you feel that the light is not bright as it spins in your imagination, see what that chakra relates to, so that you can investigate what is causing that specific blockage.
Blessings to all of you and may you stay healthy and happy
“I have been helping others find their true path and helping them delve into their situations and find peace, clarity and their correct path for over 25 years”
Contact Gabriella Now by Clicking HERE